Friday, November 20, 2009

Klean Kanteen Sippy (12 oz with Adapter Cap and 2 Spouts)


... Excellent product with a few minor flaws. First, this is a great alternative to plastic cups and the longevity of the product makes the price worthwhile. After its life as a sippy cup, you can purchase a screw on cap and either an adult or a child will be able to use this bottle and continue its use. I purchased two bottles for my 1 yr old son (and a few larger bottles for the parents, so that my son could feel like he's drinking out of a bottle just like Mommy's and Daddy's). Overall, we've had a pretty successful experience with it.

The Drawbacks:

The main drawback was that the black ring cracked when my son dropped the bottle. However, Klean Kanteen, regardless of where you purchased the bottle, will replace parts free of charge (including free shipping) if something like that happens. The replacement ring cracked also when he dropped it another time. Klean Kanteen sent me TWO more rings and extra inserts and spouts, again at no charge to me. In addition, I had the replacement parts w/in days! So far, the replacement rings have not cracked at all, even when my son drops / throws the bottle to the floor.

The second drawback: when the bottle dropped, it dented, altho that dent is barely noticeable.



The great things about this bottle:

1. It does NOT leak for us at all! However, we are very certain to make sure all parts are tightly fitting together! If they are, no leaking!

2. You can use the white AVENT rings (that go around the baby bottles) and you can easily purchase more AVENT spouts (that come with AVENT sippy cups) and attach those to the bottle for extra caps/spouts. Event AVENT nipples work!

3. AVENT domes fit around the bottle! That's great if you want to protect the spout during travel.

4. You can purchase other Klean Kanteen accessories for this if you like: carrying case, etc

5. It's eco-friendly!

6. It has a life long after your child will outgrow his sippy cup needs. Either an adult or a child / teen could use this afterwards. All you need is a screw in cap which you could easily purchase locally or online.

7. The stainless steel used is food grade and will not impart taste to the liquid inside the bottle.

8. The colors are practically scratch resistant! You have to try VERY hard to scratch the coating off these bottles!

9. The color choices are beautiful! I get compliments on my son's bottles and my bottle all the time! We have blue and orange for my son, and blue and black for the parents. The colors are fabulous, glossy and stunning. The orange is not as bright as I had expected, but it's still very nice.

10. Great size for a child. Easy for my 13 month old to hold and drink out of.

11. My current rings have not cracked.

12. Excellent (5 STAR) customer service. I cannot say enough things about this company!

I highly recommend this product. It's not without flaws, but Klean Kanteen is so awesome to work with that I can forgive any mishaps!

...
Check Amazon Price and Read More Reviews on Klean Kanteen Sippy (12 oz with Adapter Cap and 2 Spouts)

Labels