Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Zefal Magnum 34oz Black Bicycle Water Bottle


... I have used many different water bottles over the years, I can honestly say that these bottles were the most disappointing product I have ever purchased in my life. I researched and selected the Zefal Magnums because they held 1L and had an extra wide mouth (for using ice cubes.) I had very high expectations and rightly so, they cost twice as much as any other bottle, you pay a premium for a premium product right?

Well guess again, They do hold 1L and you can put whole cubes in the bottles but when you take a drink they dribble and leak like crazy, they dribble from the mouth piece and leak from the rim.

I have tried all of the tricks that other Magnum supporters claim will work, like resetting the seal or not pulling the mouth piece out all the way but that never worked! And I shouldn't have to do any of that anyway, for the premium price I paid they should have worked without fail. I threw them away in anger just weeks after buying them because I was tired of getting Gatorade all over my Jersey's.

Maybe they have fixed this problem but I'll never spend another penny on Zefal water bottles... (They do make decent frame pumps.)

I just carry an extra Polar water bottle, Specialized ( and Performance Bike, I think they use Specialized bottles) usually make a decent bottle as well.

Zefal Magnums are garbage! ...
Check Amazon Price and Read More Reviews on Zefal Magnum 34oz Black Bicycle Water Bottle

Labels